Today 06:02 PST
The Pros and Cons of Credit Cards
Because of the advent of technology, it is now very easy to pay for the different goods that we buy even if we do not have cash on hand. This is made possible by credit cards. In this article, we will list the different pros and cons of using these plastic cards for your purchases.
PROS OF USING YOUR CREDIT CARD
- No matter where you are, you can purchase anything even without cash if the store or restaurant honors your card.
- If you have a credit card, you will have something to use in cases of emergency especially if you do not have enough cash.
- If you are on a budget, you can still purchase anything because most stores offer installment options.
- Credit cards can boost your purchasing power since you can buy any good that you want at any time.
- If you have a good record on paying on time, it can help you build a good credit score.
- Since all your purchases are recorded, you will not have a hard time monitoring where you money goes.
CONS OF USING A CREDIT CARD
- You are more at risk of having debt problems because of the interest rates.
- You may be tempted to buy more goods even if you do not need it just because you can purchase it using your card.
- A large credit card debt can have a negative effect on your credit score.
- According to studies, using credit cards can make you at risk of bankruptcy.
There you have it! These are just some of the pros and cons of using credit cards. Over-all, we can say that credit cards are very useful especially in times of emergency. However, the owner should be responsible enough to not abuse its use.